Published February 7, 2020
Updated March 27, 2020
Updated May 15, 2020
KARAKSA HOTELS Corporation
The hotels that KARAKSA HOTELS Corporation manages and operates in Japan are taking the following precautionary methods to help prevent and stop the spread of the new coronavirus. We are also strengthening staff countermeasures to keep our guests healthy and safe. Thank you for your understanding and support.
- Direct sanitization of the following, which are used by a large, unspecified number of people:
- Front desk counters
- Shared pens
- Elevator buttons
- Vending machines
- Restaurant and lounge areas (buffet tables, drink dispensers, tables, chairs), etc.
- Hand sanitizer (alcohol-based) is available at hotel front desks, in main lobbies and restaurants, in front of elevators and in washrooms.
- Plastic partitions are being used as sanitary barriers at front desks.
- Cleverin sterilizers that help eliminate viruses in the air have been placed at hotel front desks.
- Humidifiers are in operation near hotel front desks.
- Large hot baths are temporarily closed.
- All shuttle bus interiors are being sanitized. (service currently suspended)
- All guests rooms are being even more thoroughly sanitized than usual, included the use of alcohol and chlorine.
- Breakfast buffets are currently unavailable. For details, please visit each hotel's website.
- We are confirming the travel itineraries and health condition of our guests upon arrival. We are asking guests who inform us of their health issues to take their temperature. In necessary cases, we are requesting guests to receive medical consultation at a medical institution. In some other cases, we are asking guests to refrain from using hotel public areas and cooperate with certain limitations to guest services.
- We are encouraging all guests to use hand sanitizer.
- We are distributing masks to guests who request them.
- While staying at any karaksa hotels location, if you develop a fever, chills or a cough, please notify a staff member.
- We are asking all guests to cooperate with advance payment or electronic payment.
- All staff are wearing masks and glasses.
- All front desk staff are wearing Cleverin stick mobile sterilizers that help eliminate viruses in the air.
- All staff are having their physical condition checked upon arrival to work.
- All staff are being strictly requested to wash their hands, sanitize regularly and gargle.
Moving forward, depending on the state of society in general, we may have to impose limitations on our services or close a portion of our hotels. Thank you in advance for your understanding and support.
Hotels currently operating
karaksa hotel premier Tokyo Ginza
karaksa hotel TOKYO STATION
karaksa hotel grande Shin-Osaka Tower
Hotels temporarily closed*
karaksa hotel Sapporo
karaksa hotel Kyoto I
karaksa hotel Osaka Namba
karaksa hotel Osaka Shinsaibashi I
karaksa Spring hotel Kansai Air Gate
*Closed for the time being. We will announce re-opening dates on our website as soon as possible.